ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: Help regarding migration services
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:51:09 GMT
the Agreement has items that define how, when, and the amount things happen.
so putting the rules in the agreements for past leaves in the only
migration needed.

The partybenifits is where you put data.
this would show past leaves with their from and thru dates, as well as
benefit type, and  available time.
if the Partyrelatinoship is used between company and employee this makes
flow easier. since benefits only happen after the relationship is a
employment type.

the leave balance check should check the benifits types with no thru
dates and the avialible time for each benifit type.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Swapnil Sawant sent the following on 7/1/2010 3:19 AM:
> Hi Jacques,
>
> My implementation is about leave management. Some part of it's functionality is as follows
:

>          - Appropriate leave balance data would be there for two basic types of agreements
(permanent and contractual)
>          - Agreements would be applied to employee/s and thereby he/she would get some
leave balance
>          - Whenever an employee creates new leave application, leave balance would be
checked.
>          - Depending on leave balance, leave application may or may not be created
>
> In short, I have implemented 'leave balance check' functionality.
>
>          Now, lets consider old data. We may find that different employees had applied
for different number of leaves in total(e.g. empl1 had applied for 40,empl2 had applied for
50 leaves till now ) . So when newly added functionality would be applied to 'such old data'
conflicts will be seen in data (as you can not keep on creating new agreements specific to
employee to cop-up with no of leaves created by him/her)

>          Please suggest how to tackle this situation.
>

> Thanks&  regards,
>
> Swapnil Sawant

case, how migration process should be carried
>> out ?
>>
>> For example :
>>

>> -          In my implementation, I am tracking leave applications against leave balance
(i.e. before creating a leave application
>> ,his/her current balance would be checked)
>>
>> -          When an already approved leave is rejected, corresponding 'no of leaves'(calculated
using a service) gets credited
>> back to his/her balance
>>
>> -          But,as per old data, there wont be any (stored) value for 'no of leaves'.
>>
>> -          If at all I use  above service (for calculating no of leaves from existing
dates),it will give rise to inconsistency
>> of data because 'calculated no of leaves' would not be calculated against some 'leave
balance'

>> Please guide me in this context.
>>

>> Thanks&  Regards,
>>
>> Swapnil Sawant

>> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient
(s) If you are not the intended