ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Attaching files to a product
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 00:02:37 GMT
I never said it does relate.

Olivier has asked how to link a document (plan) to a product.

Regards
Scott

On 6/07/2010, at 11:40 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> how does product content relate to a part that makes up a product?
>

> =========================
> BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
> Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation  <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
> Specialtymarket.com  <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
> Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>
> Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>

> Scott Gray sent the following on 7/5/2010 2:48 PM:
>> You can use Product Content (it's a tab when viewing a product in catalog), but you'll
likely need to add custom ProductContentTypes to reflect the types of documents you want to
attach.

>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> HotWax Media
>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>
>> On 6/07/2010, at 7:43 AM, Olivier Tremblay wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again!
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a way to attach pdf files (or any type of files) to a product.
>>>
>>> I wish to be able to have our engineers link plans to parts, in such a way that
it would be very simple, viewing any product, to generate a list of all the parts required
to build it, and have access to all the plans for our guys at manufacturing. It would eventually
be useful for a client wanting to change a piece, I think.

>>> Up to now, I have dabbled in the "Content" application, but I don't think I have
done it right. I wanted to create a new content type, called "plans" or something, and be
able to upload that extra piece of information for each product based on the new content type
I created...

>>> The idea is that the engineers could just attach the files themselves with no
intervention on my part whatsoever. Am I on the right track? My googling around and searching
on the mailing list didn't seem to point directly to that, and/or suggested that I couldn't
just configure it on OFBiz out of the box without messing around with the code a little bit.