ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Hans Bakker <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
Subject Contributor branches, was: Attaching files to a product
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 02:54:54 GMT
I have the same opinion as you BJ, even as a committer it is too much
problem contributing because of the number of technical people in the
PMC which often only judge on technical qualities and making the system
technically as difficult as possible.

The current discussion (not really sure if it is one) between Adrian and
me is a good example.

I think it would be a good idea to have contributor branches. Other PMC
members who would support this?

To be honest i think that you should try to become a committer, i know
why you did not accept in the past, but please reconsider.

Regards,
Hans

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 18:33 -0700, BJ Freeman wrote:
> my goal has always been to have this ofbiz do this. it has never been my
> intent to have a seperate ofbiz. Nor am I promoting mine.
> my problem up to now has been acceptance and resources.
> I see the winds changing on acceptance and I have gotten the resources.
> if you note I suggest years ago to have contributor branches.
> Had that happened I would have contributed to it instead of create mine.
> I see the equivalent of contributor branch happening more like the
> Current Hippo branch.
> so if someone wants to open a branch I can just submit to, it would be
> faster, however i am happy to provide Jiras.
> so if the Jiras I put patches in are accepted then the ofbiz will work
> the same as the one I have.
> Note my first major move to accomplish this
>

> Scott Gray sent the following on 7/9/2010 5:18 PM:
> > On 10/07/2010, at 1:06 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> >> a product is more of a marketing item
> >> a part is a description of a function
> >> they vary for engineering and manufacturing. Engineering does not assign a commercial
product to the part where manufacture may list many actual purchase parts that will never
be sold individually.
> >> I see in the model book the one I implemented is the alternative and more extensive
model.

> > Congratulations, where can I download a copy of this BJBiz?  Please try and keep
in mind that we are discussing OFBiz in this mailing list, not your derivative of it.

--
Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Myself on twitter: http://twitter.com/hansbak