ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Matt Warnock <mwarn...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
Subject Re: Ofbiz vs Openbravo
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:04:19 GMT
We are a small distribution-type business (less than 10 employees) and
were hoping for something that would "just work" OOTB for our situation.
Everything in Neogia seemed set up for EU and VAT, rather than
US-oriented, which was to be expected.  Maybe it would have been simple
to change, but it wasn't all that clear to me.

And although as I said Neogia seemed "better-behaved" with respect to
the OFBiz code base, it still was not entirely clear to me where it
diverged and why, and it seemed likely that all the documentation for
that was mostly in French.  Having already spent too much time trying to
analyze the Opentaps fork, I was perhaps too fearful of Neogia, and I
elected for "straight" OFBiz, for the reasons cited previously.

If you can clarify any of these issues for my own mind, and if Neogia
would offer more ease of configuration or use than the OFBiz trunk,
while keeping us close to the OFBiz development path, I might still have
some interest in Neogia.

Merci d'avance.  :)
--
Matt Warnock <mwarnock@ridgecrestherbals.com>