ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Tremblay <oliviertrembla...@gmail.com>
Subject Attaching files to a product
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:43:34 GMT
Hi again!

I'm looking for a way to attach pdf files (or any type of files) to a product.

I wish to be able to have our engineers link plans to parts, in such a way that it would be
very simple, viewing any product, to generate a list of all the parts required to build it,
and have access to all the plans for our guys at manufacturing. It would eventually be useful
for a client wanting to change a piece, I think.

Up to now, I have dabbled in the "Content" application, but I don't think I have done it right.
I wanted to create a new content type, called "plans" or something, and be able to upload
that extra piece of information for each product based on the new content type I created...

The idea is that the engineers could just attach the files themselves with no intervention
on my part whatsoever. Am I on the right track? My googling around and searching on the mailing
list didn't seem to point directly to that, and/or suggested that I couldn't just configure
it on OFBiz out of the box without messing around with the code a little bit.

Thanks again,

Olivier