ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Tremblay <oliviertrembla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General login?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 15:47:57 GMT
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to generate that kind of response, I just wanted to know if there
was already an app in ofbiz that was recommended to be mounted at root of the site, to simplify
the login process of the users.

I'll check if myportal is such an app, but I doubt it is the universal answer I'm searching
for, as with Catalog permission only, the user is unable to user MyPortal (as far as I can
see in the app list)

On 2010-07-05, at 11:30, Patrick wrote:

> Login to https://localhost:8443/myportal/control/main
> or login as admin password ofbiz
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Olivier Tremblay
> <oliviertremblay86@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>> I'm going to have to demo OFBiz tomorrow, I'm very glad to finally be able to play
with the software, and to start trying things out with it.
>> Just wondering: Is there any way to login for the entire site, straight from the
start? Or can I set OFBiz to redirect me to a "home" if I try to log in an unauthorized page?
(Currently using 10.04)
>> I tried to login in Party Manager with an account given only Catalog permissions,
and here is what I encountered:
>> http://grab.by/grabs/8db0ec6b3720a574bdad11261b9b5183.png
>> In my opinion, it is unclear from a user standpoint what exactly is happening here,
and why isn't something else happening. The account is registered, the login details are fine
too, and there is no mention on the page (save the address bar) that I'm currently trying
to login to the Party Manager application.
>> I'm probably going to go with a custom root application that asks for a login, and
then just display a custom landing page for the user, showing him the applications he can
use both from the menu and with cute little icons, for the sake of simplicity. Might also
modify the menu to show the icons inside it. Enough rambling on, back to testing stuffs and
preparing my showcase for tomorrow!
>> Thank you!

View raw message