ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jonatan Soto <seniledemen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compile error on trunk and 10.04, revision 945444
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:52:31 GMT
I found a very silly workaround that momentarily solves the issue.

ProductSearchSession.java (line 1231):

String str1 = (String) searchResult.get("pfacProductFeatureId");
            String str2 = (String)
searchResult.get("pfcProductFeatureTypeId");
            String str3 = (String) searchResult.get("pfcDescription");
            String str4 = Long.toString((Long)
searchResult.get("featureCount"));
            Map map = UtilMisc.toMap("productFeatureId", str1,
"productFeatureTypeId", str2, "description", str3, "featureCount", str4);
            featureCountList.add(map);

I just extract the map field out of the *List*.add(...) method and it works.

After I did this modification I faced more compiling error classes like that
involves UtliMisc.toMap(...) method calls:
InvoiceServices.java
OagisInventoryServices.java
.... (wip)

So I think there's is a bug in the OpenJDK1.6 stable package for Debian
(even with Sun JDK as Matt noted before) when a (static?) generic method is
used as a parameter. This is just my guess...

Hope it helps.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Jonatan Soto <seniledementia@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Have you found any solution?
>
> System: Debian Lenny stable
>
> Java version:
> java version "1.6.0_0"
> OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b11)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b11, mixed mode)
>
> Ofbiz r952591
>
> ------
>
> I have also a working Ofbiz instance on my PC running a two months ago
> revision. The SO is Ubuntu Karmic and it's working fine.
>
> Regards,
>

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Matt Warnock <
> mwarnock@ridgecrestherbals.com> wrote:
>
>> I am compiling from the command line, using openjdk, "java -version"
>> gives the following:
>> java version "1.6.0_0"
>> OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b11)
>> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b11, mixed mode)
>>
>> --
>> Matt Warnock <mwarnock@ridgecrestherbals.com>
>> RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.
>>

>> On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 04:47 -0700, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> > I just noticed in eclipse it gave me an error on that file about maps.
>> > that was because I had I assigned 1.4 to the project.
>> > when I changed the runtime 1.6_08 the errors went away.
>> > do a java -version to see what you are compiling with.
>> >
>> > =========================
>> > BJ Freeman
>> > http://bjfreeman.elance.com
>> > Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <
>> http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
>> > Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
>> >
>> > Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist
>> >
>> > Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
>> > Linkedin
>> > <
>> http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
>> >

>> > BJ Freeman sent the following on 5/18/2010 4:33 AM:

>> memory.

>> http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>

>> http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro

>> runtime.