ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From rahul jain <rahul.j...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Access Control
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:26:00 GMT
Rick_O wrote:
> I am a newbie to the list so I will apologize in advance I have not quite
> figured out all of the documentation, so I am hoping someone can point me to
> where I can find information on setting up access control / role based
> security.   I am trying to figure out the capabilities on limiting access
> based upon Role, or specific user ID.  So all customer service reps can
> enter orders, but only the Customer Service Manager can process a return.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rick

Hello Rick,
                   The purpose of role-limited permissions is to tie a
Security Permission to record level security using the
RoleType/PartyRole and related entities. In OFBiz this is how record
level permissions are done. All other informations related to security
permission you will get in this document.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/OFBiz+security

Thanks & Regards
Rahul Jain