ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From James McGill <james.mcg...@ableengineering.com>
Subject Re: QuoteId and OrderId sequence, possible race condition?
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 23:10:05 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Adrian Crum <adrianc@hlmksw.com> wrote:

> That looks like a bad design. There is no synchronization, so multiple
> threads can create invoices with the same number

Invoices, Orders, and Quotes.  The Jira tickets imply that it's a problem in
load-balanced or "heavily" multi-threaded runtimes, but it's happening to us
almost every day, on a single-processor system with just a few users.

It would be merely an annoyance if the user could submit  again, but the
problem is, the system remains broken until someone goes in and manually
increments the sequence in PartyAcctgPreference.  (And that "someone" is
me).

I checked the trunk, hoping this had been updated, but it hasn't.  I'm
surprised everyone doesn't run into this.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ