ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding Catalog management in Ofbiz
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:35:45 GMT
I made it up.

http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#ofbiz.apache.org

Regards
Scott

On 1/05/2010, at 1:31 AM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Scott Gray wrote:
>> On 1/05/2010, at 12:53 AM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Scott:
>>> How so?
>>>

>> How so what?
>>

>>> I have useful information concerning how OFBiz works and I want to share that
with all interested parties.

>> Every time you send this out, over 500 people have to deal with an email that contains
no information other than a link to a paid product.  Hardly in keeping with the spirit of
an open source mailing list.  Like I said, share some knowledge and then advertise, that way
everybody benefits.

> Really? 500? Where did you come up with that number?
>>
>>> Are you now the OFBiz information censor?
>>>

>> Hardly, I'm just a fellow user of this mailing list voicing my concern.
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Ruth
>>> Find me on the web at http://www.myofbiz.com or Google keyword "myofbiz"
>>> ruth.hoffman@myofbiz.com

to contribute to the discussion before starting in with the advertising?

products, catalogs and categories, please see my book: "Getting Started with Apache OFBiz,
The Catalog Manager". You may purchase a copy of this at: http://www.myofbiz.com

help noticing this discussion because I wanted to do the same thing - set up a hierarchy of
categories for products.  I was just going through the business setup guide located at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide
and towards the end it discusses how to set up categories.  I have a couple of questions: