ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multitenancy support
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:33:18 GMT
Why would I want to go through the nightmare of trying to run multiple copies of OFBiz (with
the myriad of issues that come with it) when I can just create a second database for users
to experiment with?

I have been selling, supporting, and modifying accounting applications for decades. They all
have a practice company for new users to learn on. Only in OFBiz have I been told to run multiple
copies of the *application* (not the data) to support that. Finally, after six years of using
OFBiz, that capability is possible.

So, yeah - I'm not going to set up complicated Unix boxes running VMs to get a sandbox set
up for my users. I'd rather have a separate database on a single instance of OFBiz. That's
what I expect from an enterprise-class ERP product.

So, let's get the documentation set up so that it isn't so eCommerce-centric and it considers
enterprises that aren't eCommerce-driven. That's all I'm suggesting. It's not that big of
a deal. In other words, stop treating the ERP side of OFBiz as the red-headed stepchild.

-Adrian