ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Tim Ruppert <tim.rupp...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: contactlist in the screen "profile" in the ecommerce screen
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:03:17 GMT
Heidi, just make sure that you do indeed send your patch in if you've found an error and fixed
one - otherwise, you'll get to answer the more painful question the hard way of whether upgrading
OFBiz is in your future :) (just so it's clear - if you wanted to update OFBiz, but your fix
didn't make it into the ASF repository yet, when you upgraded, you'd lose your fix and have
to make that update again).

Cheers,
Ruppert

On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hi Heidi:
>
> Congratulations! OFBiz is really pretty easy to work with, once you get the hang of it.
>
> While seasoned OFBiz developers will argue with me on this, IMHO sending patches in is
much harder than actually fixing many of the problems you will encounter. First, you need
to create a JIRA account. Next you will need to use either the command line or your IDE to
generate the "patch" file. It doesn't really matter what development platform you are using
- It just goes down hill from there. Here is the URL for exact instructions: