ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Abhai Chaudhary <Abhai_Chaudh...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: factfinder - integration
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:50:56 GMT
Is there a plan to use product search using lucene in Ofbiz? Currently it uses database and
keyword search. Implementing features like faceted product search based on price range etc
is not available and current navigation is not very user friendly.

-Abhai

-----Original Message-----
From: Florin Popa [mailto:flopaconsult@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:36 AM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: factfinder - integration

Hello Alexander,

Lucene does not come as default search engine - at least as far as I know.
But we integrated it and it works really fine. Spending a bit of time
you can combine different lucene functionalities like Wildcardsearch or
Fuzzy Search and provide a solution very close to the performances of
fact-finder.
Additionally, you have full control to the way and the frequency you can
update the lucene index.. it might be important those updates are done
very often

best regards,
 Flopa