ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Sharan-F <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: purchase invoice payment
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:26:28 GMT

Hi Chris

No worries – I'm no OFBiz expert either and OFBiz was new to everyone at
some point or other.

The scenario you describe sounds like Indirect Purchasing so could be
something like office supplies etc, rather than something that is directly
part of a product or a product manufacturing process that will be on sold to
customers.

You're also talking about pre-payment here because you pay (via credit card)
before the product itself gets delivered. A lot of purchasing processes have
the product delivered first then they send the invoice and even then you get
several days (or weeks or months!) in which to pay.

It will probably depend on the number of these purchasing credit card
transactions that will determine how you handle it. It there are a lot of
them then you'd probably want to streamline it.

What I've seen done before is an import of an electronic credit card
statement where the payment is generated from the statement itself and then
matched to the purchase invoice via reference numbers etc.

Without knowing too much about your scope and thinking off the top of my
head you could put something together that could create the payment
automatically but you still might need some way to track the company credit
card transactions like you would a bank account.  You'd probably want to
track the credit limit for the card since you dont want the employee to
spend $1001 when the credit card limit it $1000.You may also want  to setup
a GL account to mirror the credit card transactions in the General Ledger
for reconciliation and accounting purposes.

Not sure if this helps much but hopefully someone else may respond with
other ideas too.

Thanks
Sharan