ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Bob Morley <rmor...@emforium.com>
Subject Perform a bulk inventory item transfer
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:51:25 GMT

Was looking into how we would transfer a collection of inventory items from
one facility to another.  It appeared in the model that you had to do this
on a one-by-one basis, am I missing something?  It appeared that I may be
missing something ... is any of this true ...

a) You can package up inventory transfer requests and then use a shipment to
handle moving them; hoping that completing the shipment would invoke
completion of the inventory transfers.

b) You may be able to invoke inventory transfers of inventory items by
container.  The idea would be to create a container and stock move the items
into that container and then use the container as the mechanism to trigger
the inventory transfer.  Granted it looked like the container support was
either half-baked, depreciated, or perhaps had slipped in as the result of a
customer engagement (example -- there is no controller request for
EditContainer, but there is an ftl that (if the inventory item has it) would
render it as a hyperlink).

c) Perhaps you can use the pick list functionality to drive a bulk inventory
item transfer?  Admittedly, this is one area of the application I have not
looked at at all.

d) There is currently no support for bulk inventory transfers -- you have to
identify inventory items and move them one by one to the other facility.