ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Deyan Tsvetanov <deyan.tsveta...@ittconsult.com>
Subject Re: Multiple OFBiz instances running on a single machine
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 07:24:45 GMT
Hi Vince,

yes, I have considered virtualisation but I have concluded that I don't
really need virtualisation :)

I don't want to shoot flies with a gun for elephants ( a humble
interpretation attempt :)

I would have preferred virtualisation if I need
- OS process level isolation
- kernel level isolation
- file system level isolation
- if I ran software which does not support multiple instances because of
shared resources or something else.

Currently all I need is network level isolation. I want to give VPN
access to the customers so they can see *ONLY* their own OFBiz instance.
So if I start an OFBiz instance bound only ( for example ) to
192.168.1.1 then I will be able to create a VPN network 192.168.1.1/24.

The other way is to create a complex system of forwarded ports which is
a real pain in the a** to maintain.

-- deyan