ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Divesh Dutta <divesh.du...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: About automatic purchase order ship and receive
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 07:02:31 GMT
Hello Liu,
         Now in OFBiz , When Purchase Order is placed, Order is in
ORDER_CREATED status and item in order is in ITEM_CREATED status. So
when user clicks on link of  "Approve Order" then, Order is in
ORDER_APPROVED status and item in Order is in ITEM_APPROVED status. So
according to your service when ever user Clicks on Approve Order link,
Shipment will be created automatically and Inventory will also be
received automatically. And if receive is successfull then Order will be
in Complete status. But if user approves the order and if he wish to
edit items or add more items in order after that. Then your service will
be  killing this process.
                                      Presently if User clicks on
Approve Order then an option occurs for "Quick Receive Purchase Order".
This is a multi process step where Shipment is created first and then
Order items are received for this Shipment. So to automate this process,
we can have functionality like when user clicks on "Quick Receive
Purchase Order" then quickShipPurchaseOrder and receiveInventoryProduct
should be called automatically. And so this multi step process can be
reduced to single step process.
                                       Lets see what community says on this.

Thanks
-Divesh