ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Sanders, Brian" <BSand...@connextions.com>
Subject RE: Obtain IP address from Contexts
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:59:55 GMT
Thanks for the responses. I know how to obtain the IP address in, say,
the FTL template (already asked about that). I tried to find a request
object in the DispatchContext object to no avail. I was thinking that it
could be buried somewhere deeper and I'm really trying to figure out the
path to it if it is available in either the DispatchContext, or the
Context which is actually a Map.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumaraswamy nandipati [mailto:kumaraswamy@ecomzera.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:30 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org; Jacques Le Roux
Subject: Re: Obtain IP address from Contexts

Hi Sanders,

Its a basic concept. getting the ip address is depends upon the Request
object scope. By using request.getRemoteAddr() will give the request IP
address.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> You have to use HttpServletRequest for that. So it depends if you have
one
> in your context.

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletRe
quest.html#getRemoteAddr()<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/java
doc/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#getRemoteAddr%28%29>

--
Thanks,
Kumaraswamy.N