ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Amine Benkirane <benkir...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Transaction error unknown...? [resolved]
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:50:50 GMT

In the FTL, I have a form like this :
<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="<@ofbizUrl>UploadImportHeavyFile?upload_file_type=xsl</@ofbizUrl>" name="fileUploadForm">

In the controller.xml, I have :
<request-map uri="UploadImportHeavyFile">
      <security https="true" auth="true"/>
      <response name="success" type="view" value="PageImportHeavyPromotions"/>
 </request-map>

The response goes to PageImportHeavyPromotions which contains the FTL.

When the user click on the button, I put the parameter upload_file_type on the URL. So, when, I come back to the screen with this FTL, I put a conditional on this parameter in the groovy file. If it found, I made (before my splitting into two steps) the both action : upload the Excel file into the server and import its datas into OFBiz.
Now, I only upload the file into the server. I add another form to make the second part (import the datas into OFBiz from this file which is on the server).

In the future, I will consider following the recommended pattern but it's difficult for a new OFBiz developer to do this at the beggining...

Thanks for all your informations and diponibility, David !!

Amine

> From: david.jones@hotwaxmedia.com
> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Transaction error unknown...? [resolved]
> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:04:15 -0700
>

> How are you calling that groovy script? If it is a screen action then
> it will be part of the screen's transaction and that is what will
> timeout.
>
> If that is the case, you should consider following the recommended
> (and pretty much universally used) pattern in OFBiz of separating the
> processing of input (using request-map -> event in controller.xml) and
> the preparation and formatting of output (using view-map in
> controller.xml). Views should not process input.
>
> -David
>

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Amine Benkirane wrote:
>

> > After some investigations, I have modified the way I import the
> > file. Now, I upload firstly the user file on the server and,
> > afterwards, I get the file data from the file on the server. I
> > didn't get now the transaction timeout !
> >
> > I guess it's because the timeout is started when the user click on
> > the upload button and before calling my own service. I didn't find
> > where in this case, I can increase the timeout (out from the
> > service). So by splitting the file upload in two steps, I can call
> > my own service directly from the controller.xml and not from the
> > groovy file like before. Now, the timeout is corresponding to the
> > timeout of the service and I didn't meet the trouble.
> >
> > Thanks for your help, David !
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Amine
> >

> >> From: benkirane@hotmail.com
> >> To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
> >> Subject: RE: Transaction error unknown...?
> >> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:19:12 +0100
> >>

> >>    Hi David,
> >>
> >> I understand but I'm using my own service and I call it directly
> >> from the groovy file associated with the upload Excel file page
> >> like this :
> >> if (importFileUrl) {
> >>            context.importFileUrl = importFileUrl;
> >>            Debug.logInfo("ImportFileUrl : " + importFileUrl, module);
> >>
> >>            // get the server filename
> >>            andMap = [filename : filePathPrefix + clientFileName];
> >>            andMap.put("login.username",
> >> UtilProperties.getPropertyValue("marstools", "userLoginForImport"));
> >>            andMap.put("login.password",
> >> UtilProperties.getPropertyValue("marstools", "pwdLoginForImport"));
> >>            dispatcher.runSync("heavyPromotionsImport", andMap);
> >>        }
> >>
> >> And, in the services.xml file, I set the transaction-timeout :
> >> <service name="heavyPromotionsImport" engine="java" transaction-
> >> timeout="200000"
> >>
> >> location
> >> =
> >> "org
> >> .ofbiz.administration.datas.product.promotions.MarsPromosServices"
> >> invoke="heavyPromotionsImport" global-transaction="false"
> >> auth="true">
> >>        <description>Imports a xsl promotions file with numerous
> [...]

Vous voulez savoir ce que vous pouvez faire avec le nouveau Windows Live ? Lancez-vous !
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx