ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Arpit Singh Pandya <arpit.pan...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Add To List is Working only for Virtual
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:14:29 GMT
Hello Jacques, All ,
Thanks for your Suggestion. I just go through explanations of feature
explosion mechanism. its really very helpful to me.

as we see shopping list behavior  from two different page
1 from product detail page
2 from show cart page (after add to cart).

But I am still confused about the different behavior of wish list from
different page, but IMO it should work same from both place then it will
be more significant. Here is the steps that i follow

1. Login with admin and ofbiz
2. Product detail page select all the feature for the product *WG-9943*
color:- Black ,  Size : - 4 Wheel
3 and then click to "*Add to shopping list *"  ,

then in shopping(wish) list page, it Shows the Virtual Product WG-9943
with out feature which I selected from product detail page,
where IMO it should show  *WG-9943-B4*

Wish List also shows the link in the last column with the drop down
which contains all variants of that product (as they are available as
Finished Goods in data base ). and we can *Replace with available
variant.*

Then some doubts as
1.What about that option which I selected from Product Detail Page ?
2.why i will again select the variant which I already selected in

OK it is the case for the Variants Explosion Mechanism. As variants are
available in data base

But in case of Feature Explosion Mechanism as we know that it will create

1. From product detail page select feature for the product *WG-9944*
*color : - black . Size  :- 4 Wheel*
2. click on the "Add To Shopping list"

then in shopping(wish) list page we again get the Virtual Product
*WG-9944*  in the list,
and as there is no Variant available  in Data  Base, so in list there is
no variant available (because that variant is created dynamically) , and
then when we click on "Add to Cart" button from shopping list page

and will again send us to product detail page with the message : -
"*Choose Variation Before Adding to Cart.*"

but now as the purpose of wish list i can understand that the, one can
save the list of product what he wants/ likes to buy in the near future,

and if that shopping list not contain the product with the selected
features which was already saved.
It is the current scenario of wish list.

There is one more case where it works fine

for that i followed these steps
          - > Login with admin and ofbiz
          - > Select Features for the product *(WG-9944 / WG-9943)*
          - > click on "Add to Cart" button
          - > then go to "view cart / Show cart" page
          - > select the "check box" for the product
          - > click on "Add to Shopping List"

then go to shopping list page , there we can see it is showing the
proper variants for the product.

Thanks & Regards
---
Arpit Singh Pandya