ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse IDE Problem with Ubuntu LTS 8.04 while Building and Refreshing OFBiz trunk
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:16:46 GMT
Hi Ashish,

Yes I'm using Eclipse 3.4 since its beginning (August  2007, was 3.4M1 then). Actually I use
it mostly on Windows XP but on Ubuntu
8.04 LTS too.
My experience is that problems almost always come from plugins and they should not be related
to the OS.
When you experience such problems have a look into workspace\.metadata\log. Then you should
discover the culprit. Though sometimes
it may take some time (then Google may help)
Then uninstall it and wait for a newer version of this plugin.

I noticed that last version of Groovy plugin is not very stable and needed too much CPU ressources.
I uninstalled it yesterday...
Actually I don't need it much, but I hope to get a better version one day...

I have a lot of plugins installed and so far it's ok. The 3.4 version is really much more
stable and complete and the new updater
(P2) is much more robust and reliable (though there are still some problems, I noticed with
PHP plugins for instance, anyway I
merely use them ;o).

The must IMO is the replace (Ctrl+H) function. Used with regex it has wonderful power !

HTH

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <ashish.vijaywargiya@hotwaxmedia.com>