ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: unit cost and computing for product cost
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:19:24 GMT
You can manage it using the "Cost" tab in the Catalog>Edit Product
screens.
You can manually enter a record or automatically generate one using
the form at the bottom of the screen.
However, for products that are purchased, the algorithm is very
simple: the purchase price of the "primary" supplier is taken from the
SupplierProduct entity (you can edit that information using the
"Suppliers" tab).
There is also a service that you can submit from Webtools to bulk
create the Cost records (using the above algorithm) for all the
products.
Right now there is no support for the creation of cost information
based on average in last purchases or similar. It would be a nice
enhancement and we could enhance the form at the bottom of the Cost
screen to let the user select the algorithm for cost creation (passing
additional parameters such as: num of months to go back for the
average etc...)

Jacopo