ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "bjfree@free-man.net" <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: multiple hot-deployment web site applications
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 22:24:56 GMT
1. If I understand you correctly, there is no need to use hot deploy.
all the information and website is built in.
  you just need to load you data for your sites.
2. you can use apache httpd virtual hosts with apj to interface to one
instance of ofbiz.
3. the catalog can be tied to the userlogin. Not sure it is what you
have in mind.
4. leave that to someone else. Not sure what a Mall store is, compared
to multiple stores. unless you are talking about a portal.

my au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to write 2 web site applications (Domain names) selling 2 different services.
> I would like them to be hosted and deployed through one OFBiz instance/hot-deploy directory.

> Eg:
> www.AppOne.com
> www.AppTwo.com
>
> My question is:
>
> 1. Is this setup is possible ?
>
> 2. Is it possible for 2 host names to have 2 different IPs ?
>
> 3. Is it possible to manage their catalog/security in one instance of OFBiz?
>
> 4. I did see the multiple stores are supported by OFBiz but not the mall type stores.
Could some one explain what is the difference between multiple stores and a mall type stores?