ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "bjfree@free-man.net" <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: 4.0 help with fedex servers, weighing, and printing labels
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:55:26 GMT
if you look in the products controller you will see the labels and track
to the pages.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Packing+and+Shipping
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Visual+Pack+and+Ship+Orders
The shipper was defined at order time
that is what determines to use Fedex.

if you look at the fedex code you will see a lot of todo's
Not much has changed since 4.0
that is were the  communication with the fedex servers is done.
Wieghts have to be put in manually,OOTB, but there is a scale applet
that is in the code you can integrate.

if you look at lines 917 to 926 they deal with return data from fedex
shipmentPackageRouteSeg.setBytes("labelImage", labelBytes);
is the label.

you can look in committs
586925
660843