ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ritesh Trivedi <ritesh.triv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How is request passed to groovy scripts?
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 05:43:19 GMT

I guess I could have been bit more clear in asking the question...

I actually meant request object (HttpServletRequest) passed to the groovy
script. As it seems like its an implicit object or getting passed somehow
that I cant figure out.

I will try to be more explicit. I am calling sendEmailFromScreen service and
passing it one of the screen names.

Here is the screen definition
<screens xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd">
    <screen name="EmailFullCart">
        <section>
            <actions>
                <set field="titleProperty" value="PageTitleShoppingCart"/>
                <set field="headerItem" value="Shopping Cart"/>
                <script
location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/ShowCart.groovy"/>
                <script
location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/cart/ShowPromoText.groovy"/>
            </actions>
            <widgets>
                <platform-specific><html><html-template
location="component://neobits/webapp/neobits/cart/showcart.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
            </widgets>
        </section>
    </screen>
</screens>

As you can see one of the actions is ShowCart.groovy which is an existing
groovy script in ecommerce demo app and here is the first line of that
script

// Get the Cart and Prepare Size
shoppingCart = ShoppingCartEvents.getCartObject(request);

I get request property not set for ShowCart error while passing this screen
to be rendered with sendMailFromScreen from my java code.

So my original question was how is request object passed to Groovy script,
Looking at the existing calls it doesnt look like it is passed in the
context while calling the service or is it done by ServiceEventHandler. Can
someone more familiar with the topic shed some light?