ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From mayo <am...@connextions.com>
Subject 4.0 help with fedex servers, weighing, and printing labels
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:58:29 GMT

I have been researching and testing OFBiz 4.0 for 2-3 months and cannot
figure out how the fulfillment process continues after picking and packing.
I've googled and browsed the OFBiz wiki many times, but couldn't find
explanations.

After packing orders I see them listed in "Scheduling", but when I select
them and click "Schedule these route segments", the page is goes to the
Labels view with nothing showing. I click on the Schedule view and my packed
orders are still there.  I am pretty sure the shipment status needs to
change to "Ship", but I am unclear how all this is suppose to happen without
manually changing them.  And how is OFBiz suppose to communicate with FedEx
servers, label printers, and weighing machines?

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction or be able to
explain to me how the processes should work?  Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

- Al