ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From BJ Freeman <bjf...@free-man.net>
Subject Re: GL account for Party
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 09:24:41 GMT
I am curious if you have the functionality in opentaps why you
investigating ofbiz.
seems you have a working solution.

brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 10:37 PM:
> Hi BJ,
> I have already seen this but these accounts according to me does not behave like parent
child as it was shown. I just want that when I analyse the GL acount 120000 it should reflect
the add on effect of 121000, 122000, 123000, etc.. as these are children of 120000. And one
more thing I won't be able to see the functionality to create new GL account in OFBiz (present
in opentaps) presently all we have to do is to import through the webtools. Please correct
me if I am wrong.

> Thanks
> Bijesh M.
>
> BJ Freeman <bjfree@free-man.net> wrote: if I understand you correctly
> in the accounting go to global GL setings ( think it should be in the GL
> accounts)
> then click on
> navigate accounts
> you will see a tree
> see if that is what you are looking for.
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/GlAccountNavigate?trail=null
> brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 10:09 PM:
>> Hi BJ,
>> I just want to determine that is it possible that when I analyse the particular GL
account it should show me the add on of all its childen GL accounts i.e. total accounts receivable
from all the customers if I have maintained all the accounts receivable according to my customers.

>> Thanks
>> Brijesh M.
>>
>> BJ Freeman  wrote: can you explain more in detail what you mean by
>> Check status?
>>
>> brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 9:46 AM:
>>> Hi BJ,
>>> I wont be able to get u.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Brijesh M.
>>>
>>> BJ Freeman  wrote: can you clarify Check status?
>>>
>>> brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 3:59 AM:
the regular debit credit posting. For that I have maintained a separate GL account as a child
of account receivable GL account. But now if I have to check the status of my all the customers
at one go I wont be able to do it although 120000 i.e. accounts receivable is the parent of
all. Can we do this ?