ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rees Watkins <gat.of...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: GL account for Party
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 06:47:04 GMT
Hi

I think you want a Accounts Receivable Ledger. This is a Subledger or secondary ledger. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subledger

 I would like an Accounts Payable Ledger. Subledgers give a summary for each supplier or
customer and are the detail for the General ledger.

Ofbiz only implements a General ledger which feeds trial balance etc. Can anyone please confirm
this? Is there a plan for Subledgers?

Kind regards
Rees

----- Original Message ----
From: brijesh m <brijesh_max@yahoo.com>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, 2 August, 2008 7:37:45 AM
Subject: Re: GL account for Party

Hi BJ,
I have already seen this but these accounts according to me does not behave like parent child
as it was shown. I just want that when I analyse the GL acount 120000 it should reflect the
add on effect of 121000, 122000, 123000, etc.. as these are children of 120000. And one more
thing I won't be able to see the functionality to create new GL account in OFBiz (present
in opentaps) presently all we have to do is to import through the webtools. Please correct
me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Bijesh M.

BJ Freeman <bjfree@free-man.net> wrote: if I understand you correctly
in the accounting go to global GL setings ( think it should be in the GL
accounts)
then click on
navigate accounts
you will see a tree
see if that is what you are looking for.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/accounting/control/GlAccountNavigate?trail=null
brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 10:09 PM:
> Hi BJ,
> I just want to determine that is it possible that when I analyse the particular GL account
it should show me the add on of all its childen GL accounts i.e. total accounts receivable
from all the customers if I have maintained all the accounts receivable according to my customers.

> Thanks
> Brijesh M.
>
> BJ Freeman  wrote: can you explain more in detail what you mean by
> Check status?
>
> brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 9:46 AM:
>> Hi BJ,
>> I wont be able to get u.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Brijesh M.
>>
>> BJ Freeman  wrote: can you clarify Check status?
>>
>> brijesh m sent the following on 8/1/2008 3:59 AM:
>>> Hi friends,
>>> I just want to maintain a seperate GL account for my Customer apart from the
regular debit credit posting. For that I have maintained a separate GL account as a child
of account receivable GL account. But now if I have to check the status of my all the customers
at one go I wont be able to do it although 120000 i.e. accounts receivable is the parent of
all. Can we do this ?

>>> Thanks
>>> Brijesh M.

Not happy with your email address?.