ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ritesh Trivedi <ritesh.triv...@gmail.com>
Subject GoogleCheckout current implementation not compatible with the latest in SVN
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:02:04 GMT

Hi,

Just for the FYI to the community...

While integrating Google, after spending almost 2 days trying to get it to
work, I finally rolled out my own pure java version of the Google checkout
successfully.

There are problems with the simple method implementation of GoogleCheckout
component in Ofbiz

1. Some of the classes have changed and hence the method signatures, this
highlights a problem with using heavy XML like ofbiz does - causing things
to break and not get noticed. e.g. GoogleCheckout services expect
ShoppingCart as parameters but getCartObject() returns WebShoppingCart which
causes error while calling googleCHEckout services - there are a couple of
the similar issues
2. widget.verbose needs to be set to false, otherwise the comments in the
google checkout request sent to google fails
3. If you are using Ofbiz inside Tomcat like me - instead of the other way
around. There is a classloader issue causing error while calling
googlecheckout services using dispatcher.sync() - it works in tomcat inside
ofbiz configuration

Hope this helps