ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Milind W" <mailingl...@mymunshi.com>
Subject Re: How to start with OFBiz
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 01:29:24 GMT
hi,
I chose the  hello tutorial as it provides complete code (at least screen
shots of the code).

The wiki tutorial just list the steps without any code for accomplishing
the steps. I don't think its very useful for a newbie.

e.g
"Define services for CRUD operations for Party entity. Name of services
will be createPracticeParty, updatePracticeParty, deletePracticeParty"

How should the newbie figure out what should be the content of each of
those services.
Yes you can try to figure out stuff by looking at example but it's easier
to having a independent working tutorial with complete code.

It would be nice to have hello4  hello5 ... each explaining one  concept
at a time with complete code.
So hello4 could be how to enable security. Hello5 could how to send and
setup email etc...

I don't mind taking a crack it I keep making progress with ofbiz.

Thanks
-Milind