ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Need some fields description from CustRequest entity
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 21:07:22 GMT
From: "BJ Freeman" <bjfree@free-man.net>
> just a guess
> this defines when the request was made and when it was closed.

Yes, not easy to infer between
custRequestDate
responseRequiredDate
openDateTime
closedDateTime
createdDate
lastModifiedDate

We may try togheter but I thinks it's better to wait for with a real and complete knowledge
about those fields
. custRequestDate may refer to a date the customer entered when he/she made his/her request
(I suppose by default its the time the
user created the request)
. responseRequiredDate obviously refer to the last time this request will be helpful for the
customer
. openDateTime mmm ... may refer to the date thi  request should be considered (or implies
different status like created, open, ...
? But in this case would be openedDateTime)
. closedDateTime the date when the request was closed

. createdDate may refer to the date the request was 1st created (implies different status
like created, open, ... ?)
. lastModifiedDate last time the request was modified

The purpose of this post is to underline the trouble you can get sometimes in OFBiz. Obviously
some comments to differentiate those
dates (or more creative names for some of them, namely custRequestDate , openDateTime, createdDate)
 would not have been luxury (as
some may find this post ;o). IMHO, it happens that we find ourself in such situations, not
only with entities fields, and we should
try to avoid it. Like I said long before, the best API is nothing without its documentation,.
And in this respect we have still a
long way to go with OFBiz... OFBiz is great but it can be greater :o)

Thanks and sorry for the long, but I hope not complaining, post.

Jacques