ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: How to start with OFBiz
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 08:49:32 GMT
From: "Milind W" <mailinglist@mymunshi.com>
> hi,
> I chose the  hello tutorial as it provides complete code (at least screen
> shots of the code).
>
> The wiki tutorial just list the steps without any code for accomplishing
> the steps. I don't think its very useful for a newbie.
>
> e.g
> "Define services for CRUD operations for Party entity. Name of services
> will be createPracticeParty, updatePracticeParty, deletePracticeParty"

About this point the wiki tutorial could be updated/enhanced using the new engine="entity-auto"
atttibute exposed in
http://www.nabble.com/The-fancy-new-entity-auto-service-execution-engine-td18674040.html

> How should the newbie figure out what should be the content of each of
> those services.
> Yes you can try to figure out stuff by looking at example but it's easier
> to having a independent working tutorial with complete code.
>
> It would be nice to have hello4  hello5 ... each explaining one  concept
> at a time with complete code.
> So hello4 could be how to enable security. Hello5 could how to send and
> setup email etc...

I'm not sure Si would allow his work, even amended to run, to be included in OFBiz documentation.
We (you? ;o) could create new one
in the same spirit maybe using Example component concepts. And of course Hello4, Hello5, ...
would be welcome..;

Thanks

Jacques