ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Bruno Busco" <bruno.bu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About issue: Clean up labels between order and ecommerce application (OFBIZ-1780)
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 13:38:51 GMT
I think that in order to keep things simple and maintaneable we should avoid
that a label is overwritten in two different UiLabels files to have a
different and more specific text.
If we do like this it will be an easy job to automatically check for label
duplication.

Otherwise it will happen that someone could override the label in his own
language having all other languages remaining untouched and so looking as a
full duplication.

Whenever a slightly different label (or a more detailed one) is needed, a
different label must be defined.

Even the Python script contained in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698 does not check that a
duplicated label is exactly the same in all its language texts; it simply
assumes that is a duplicated label and just tryes to collect all available
language strings before removing the duplication.

- Bruno