ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Branden Strickland" <openforbusiness...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring EPSON TM-T88IV Thermal printer in POS
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 21:00:40 GMT
Here are some responses to my earlier email that may help you?  Like I said,
I'll be working on this today in just a few minutes, so hopefully we can get
something working.

DAN SHIELDS
"What is the contents of your $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory?   It's
contents (after running the Epson installer) made evident some interesting
classpath paradoxes in the way jpos is intialized.  I have several theories
about this that I am attempting to understand.  To test one theory, I moved
the jpos.xml file so that it resides on the bootclasspath rather than in
specialpurpose/pos/config, to my surprise this FIXED the problem!"

CHRISTOPHER L
"Now that you mention the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory...

I haven't always had success when directions call for putting files in that
directory.  In particular, the only way I was able to get my cash drawer
working in linux is to put the serial port configuration file
(javax.comm.properties) in the classpath.  According to the instructions,
that file should have been fine in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.

I haven't experienced the particular problem you mention though."

JACQUES
"Did you try to use -Djava.ext.dirs ? Not sure it's still right but you may
be interested by this http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/java/extensions.html"
"IIRW, with my Epson TM-T88III and ADK 1.8, I simply put

epsonJposServiceCommon.jar and epsonJposService180.jar in
specialpurpose\pos\lib
and comm.jar in jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\ext
and it worked."

Actually It was working since I suspect one of the commits related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1630 and related tasks to have
broken the POS in the trunk (maybe r646697 or r643923)