ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: What is the best approach?
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 15:50:45 GMT

The best matching functionality would be a ProductFeature with the
different types as you described. These should be associated to
products as standard features.

Not showing up in ecommerce just means it's not in the productdetail
(or other product display) template, and you can make changes there as
desired.

Using product features this way will allow for searching by feature
using the advanced search page in the ecommerce templates.

Note that there is a good deal of more advanced functionality related
to this, like associating features with a category so that when you
search within the category you only see the features to search by that
are relevant for that category.

As far as the data structures go, the ProductFeature and
ProductFeatureAppl entities (and ProductFeatureAndAppl view-entity if
I remember right) are the ones you want to look at, and you can find
lots of stuff by searching for those around OFBiz.

-David