ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Hamilton" <sam.hamil...@virtualvillage.com>
Subject RE: Deploy Ofbiz in JBoss
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 02:46:03 GMT
Thanks everyone for your replies and apologies for my slow reply (have been hiding out in the
warehouse implementing ofbiz).

To be honest I don’t have any preference on how to deploy ofbiz, I am just searching for
the best way to scale ofbiz beyond a couple of servers. We are looking at needing a system
that can handle 1m page views a month now and 5x that in 12 months.

JBoss was tempting me with their feature of farming deployment ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/cluster.chapt.html
)

I will certainly read more into Websphere - a brief look at their feature list is interesting.

Perhaps the quickest and cheapest solution would be Tomcat as that work has just been done.

Cheers
Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Angus Gow [mailto:angus.gow@iwantoneofthose.com]
Sent: Thu 24/04/2008 5:42 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deploy Ofbiz in JBoss

We have ofbiz deployed into Websphere (Community Edition) thanks to the
work we commissioned Jacques to carry out. We have used JBoss (with
other apps in production) in the past and moved off of it due to
performance issues under the severe load we put on our applications.
Websphere looks good and lightweight and one of our sister companies
uses it in heavy duty environments with much success.

Why not consider Websphere (community edition is all apache bits and
pieces), unless you have a real pressing need to use JBoss.

There is a wiki page that Jacques put together on how to deploy.

Regards,

Angus