ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Subject Re: Best stable version for production ecommerce web site
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 23:57:58 GMT
Here is the system I use, for what it's worth:

1. I keep two main patch files - basic_development.patch and
basic_production.patch. Both patch files change the OFBiz configuration
to work with our network environment, each one using settings chosen for
the task - development or production. Only one patch is used at a time.

2. I keep all of my custom development in a single folder under the
ofbiz/applications folder. I avoid touching the trunk code at all costs
- except for the configuration patches mentioned above.

3. To keep my local copy updated, I do an SVN revert (to reverse the
changes made by the patch), then an SVN update, then re-apply the patch.
My custom development folder is untouched by the SVN commands, because
SVN doesn't "know" about the folder.

This works really well and it doesn't involve any complicated merging -
since the configuration files changed by the patches seldom change in
the trunk.

-Adrian