ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Subject Re: About issue: Clean up labels between order and ecommerce application (OFBIZ-1780)
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 19:55:39 GMT
David E Jones wrote:

> On May 19, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Marco Risaliti wrote:
>
>> I agree with David, also I didn't like to overriding the labels
>> between applications.
>>
>> To be me clear I like to give a simple example that I didn't like:
>> in AccountingUiLabels.xml the label
>> AccountingFixedAssetMaintIntervalQuantity has the meaning "Interval
>> Quantity"
>> in AssetMaintUiLabel.xml the same label
>> AccountingFixedAssetMaintIntervalQuantity has the meaning "Meter Reading"
>>
>> I prefer that in this case it was :
>>
>> AccountingFixedAssetMaintIntervalQuantity --> "Interval Quantity"
>> AssetMaintFixedAssetMaintIntervalQuantity --> "Meter Reading"
>
> Or perhaps "AssetMaintFixedAssetMaintMeterReading" as they do mean
> different things (BTW, not sure if "Meter Reading" is the best term for
> whatever this is applied to, but I guess that's irrelevant for the
> discussion...).
>
> -David

Then we're back to the problem of reusing the accounting screens. The UI
label used in the accounting screen is
AccountingFixedAssetMaintIntervalQuantity. So creating a new label in
asset maint will require creating a new screen.

I planned on working on the asset maint screens after I'm done with my
framework stuff. Some of the forms were C&P from accounting to asset
maint instead of using the extend feature - maybe because extend had a
bug in it (which has been fixed). I'll try to remove the UI label
redefinitions in the process.

-Adrian