ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From davidofbiz <da...@merrow.com>
Subject How to Treat Invoice Errors (other than credit memos and reversals)
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 12:19:56 GMT

Hi,

We've been using OpenTaps for a number of months now and have ran into an
issue when we need to correct an invoice.

I understand that invoices can be altered by using credit memos, by reducing
the amount outstanding.  However for our international shipments, our
invoices need to match perfectly for customs reasons.

As a "quick-fix", to correct an invoice error, we have been creating a
return, which simultaneously puts items back into stock and creates an
offsetting entry to the customer statement, and then re-entering the
corrected order. Unfortunately, what that leaves us with is a duplicate
invoice which ends up inflating sales figures.

We were curious as to how other groups alter invoices that have been
created.  Is there a way to completely delete the invoice?  Or is the only
proper way to approach this to create individual reversals for the invoice,
and receive the items back in stock?

Thanks!

david