ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ritz123 <ritesh.triv...@gmail.com>
Subject Shipping options and related questions
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 03:12:37 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the shipping options work in Ofbiz - trying to
integrate it on the ecommerce site.

Will appreciate if someone can point me to some explanation on

1. What are Ship Groups and how are they created in ecommerce app (was
looking at checkoutshippingoptions.bsh and it always passes 0 to the
ShippingEstimateWrapper for ship group !!)

2. Seems like currently the way shipping options work is one has to login
and specify the shipping address - however most of the time, only a zip code
is required to just get an initial shipping estimate before customer logs in
-is there a way to do that out of the box?

3. How are drop ship items handled? ship from should be calculated based on
the supplier for each product and their contact mech

4. Any other pointers understanding how shipping calculator/ shipping
option/ shipping estimate works in general (I do not need carrier specific
info).

Thanks in advance