ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: About issue: Clean up labels between order and ecommerce application (OFBIZ-1780)
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 09:37:56 GMT
I guess the main reason for french labels is that the previous work concerning eCommerce and
Order has been very poorly done
regarding architectecture (on the other hand most of the translation was well done). Some
labels were defined only in Order though
those labels were existing (already at the time done?) in eCommerce. Since recently a person
helps me to add/fix some french labels
in OFBiz, this person has added "new" labels in eCommerce despite they were already defined
in Order (but we were not aware). It
turns that some labels previously defined were better translated and I prefer to keep them.
So it's maybe only an issue for french
labels (though I found few english labels lost also and I put them back too). So for other
languages I suggest to only throw a quick
glance, at 1st sight they seemed good...

So it was not an overriden issue as I supposed before, and Marco was right as eCommerce labels
can't be overidden by Orders's due to
labels hierarchy.

HTH, sorry to annoy everybody with this..

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
> Hi Marco, all,
>
> I would recommend everybody interested to check for his/her language. So far it seems
that the lost concerns more english and
> french. I will commit soon some labels back concerning this 2 languages when losts were
obvious. Nevertheless Marco did a great
> job and I think we should keep his work as there is only few lost labels. A way I recommend
to check is to have a look at the
> diffs like
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/applications/order/config/OrderUiLabels.xml?view=diff&r1=657465&r2=657466&pathrev=657466
>
> Then you may appreciate the work done so far by Marco... I think though that we should
wait before continuing that everybody has
> taken the time to check and moreover I propose we consider to use Bruno proposition before
going ahead on this.

> For more information please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1780 and

> Thanks
>
> Jacques
>
> From: <mrisaliti@libero.it>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I put the attention on this issue at OFBiz community level to take a decision on
how we can proceed on it.

>> Before I start to clean the labels between Order and Ecommerce application there
was a lot of confusion done in the past after
>> the conversion from property languages files to xml files.
>>
>> I spent one week to work on it and it was not my intention to create issues to anyone.
>>
>> I have simply merges the languages strings in the higher priority file (EcommerceXXX)
and deletes the entry from the lower
>> priority file (OrderXXX).
>> So when I have found double definition for me the good one was in the EcommerceUiLabels.xml
 but as you can imagine I cannot
>> understand all the languages I cannot see those differences.
>>
>> So seems that merging by keys is not valid for all the languages and it can cause
lost of correct translations.

>> Another important things I have done I have checked every single labels scanning
the sources and move from Ecommerce to Order xml
>> file if the labels was shared and in this case I have also renamed the label from
EcommerceXXX to OrderXXX and all the references
>> to those labels.
>>
>> I have seen that for Italian language seems to me better than previously but probably
not for French language.

>> This cleaning task is not still completed because now there are some OrderXXX labels
duplicated into both files and we have to
>> decide which has the correct traslations in case of duplication.
>> Seems to me that OrderUiLabels.xml file is the correct one and EcommerceUiLabels.xml
files is the wrong one for OrderXXX labels
>> but I didn't know if we have some exception for fr and th languages.
>>
>> So I would like to know from the community if it's the right direction (and continue
the cleaning of labels) or I have to revert