ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Branden Strickland" <openforbusiness...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error when adding products to catagories
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:13:55 GMT
I see I see.

Well I added the olap piece and I still get

The Following Errors Occurred:

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Service
invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service [createProduct]
call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction, was rolled back instead
because of: Error in simple-method [
[file:/home/bstrickland/svnWS/ofbizdemo/specialpurpose/bi/script/org/ofbiz/bi/DimensionServices.xml#prepareProductDimensionData]]:
Error running the simple-method: Error in simple-method operation []:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type id-ne not found
null)

Only when creating a new product.

I got a few stack traces when I started ofbiz as well, but I think that
probably something residual from adding in the olap piece, only because I
wasn't getting stack traces before.  I'll see if I can sift through them...
Maybe they hold my answer?

Minus the SQL error that ofbiz gives me on the screen where I try to create
the product, there aren't any other logs that I could check is there.  ( I
realize that's a horrible question, and that I should know, if I've been
working with the software at all, but I've never been one for log diving.
Unless the software isn't working quite right......like now :P

Thanks for all the continued help!

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jacopo Cappellato <tiz@sastau.it> wrote:

> Branden Strickland wrote:
> > will do!
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, (so I can log it in my notebook) what is the
> premise,
> > and or difference between the org.ofbiz and the org.ofbiz.olap?
> >

> They represents different groups of entity, that can be assigned to
> different datasources (for example different databases):
> * org.ofbiz is the group of all the OFBiz entities used by the
> transactional system (i.e. actually everything: orders invoices payments
> etc...)
> * org.ofbiz.olap groups together the entities used by the OFBiz business
> intelligence component (just a prototype): star schemas and dimensions
> for dimensional analysis and reports; ideally they should be placed in a
> separate database
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jacopo
>
> > Thanks for the quick reply on that!
> >
> > I'll give it a shot while I anxiously await your reply.
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Jacopo Cappellato <tiz@sastau.it> wrote:
> >
> >> Try with:
> >>
> >> <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
> >>   entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
> >>   distributed-cache-clear-enabled="false">
> >>   <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz" datasource-name="localmysql"/>
> >>    <group-map group-name="org.ofbiz.olap"
> datasource-name="localmysql"/>
> >> </delegator>
> >>
> >> Jacopo