ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Christopher L <clearch...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: POS MSR problems on WinXP
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 19:11:49 GMT
In my limited but firsthand experience, MSRs that emulate a keyboard work with ofbiz.  I have
not tried HID mode with my MSR, however, having read the MSR related code I see no reason
that a HID MSR would work, unless windows translates HID events to keyboard events.  Maybe
if you have a vendor jpos driver that would work.  I haven't seen any for MSR devices.

If you look in jpos.xml, you will note that there are not "device settings" such as serial
port, usb port, etc.  Here is the relevant section from jpos.xml.
=======================
    <!-- Generic Keyboard Wedge MSR Device (included w/ OFBiz) -->
    <JposEntry logicalName="GenericMsr">
        <creation factoryClass="org.ofbiz.pos.jpos.factory.OfbizJposServiceFactory" serviceClass="org.ofbiz.pos.jpos.service.MsrKybService"/>
        <vendor name="The Open For Business Project" url="http://ofbiz.apache.org"/>
        <jpos category="MSR" version="1.7"/>
        <product description="Generic Keyboard Wedge Msr" name="KybMsr" url="ofbiz.apache.org"/>

        <!--Other non JavaPOS required property (mostly vendor properties and bus specific
properties i.e. RS232 )-->
    </JposEntry>

I'm using the magtek sureswipe myself, and I had to use magtek's device programming software
to put it in keyboard emulation mode.  I'll also say that magtek kind of hides this software,
you have to poke around for a while to find it on their website.

Chris Lombardi