ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: running ant run-install-seed
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:54:34 GMT

I didn't really discuss this much when I did the change a few weeks
ago as it is something that has been discussed in the past but was
waiting for realization.

There is now a new EE data file set called "seed-initial" that is
meant to only be loaded the first time. I originally added this so
that scheduled services would not get reloaded over and over, causing
multiple sets of service to run at once. In other words previously if
you loaded the seed data after a code update 10 times you would have
11 (10 plus the initial one) scheduled instances of the back order
checking service, the entity sync remove cleanup service, and so on
all running.

To help with this problem I just added the securityext/data/
PasswordSecurityData.xml file to the seed-initial file set. Now if you
just load the "seed" data it won't reset the passwords.

I did notice that this file doesn't have all of the passwords in it
anymore though... but at least admin, system, and anonymous are in
there. In a way this is good because most other users are in the demo
data, and their passwords are with them there, so updating the "seed"
data file set is still safe.

-David