ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Branden Strickland" <openforbusiness...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POS - ProductStoreID - DemoRetail and other confusions
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 05:14:26 GMT
I was excited and typed that email too fast.. I need to proof read!

Hah!  Thanks for the input!
The only reason I don't see myself using the barcode is because I'm planning
on using this application in a pizza shop that I recently got involved in.
So unless I stick generic barcodes in a flip book or something, I'm not sure
that's feasible.  ALTHOUGH!  If I can configure the buttons in the XUI of
the POS to open new "windows" like the manager and promo button, then I'll
be ok!  (You'll have to excuse me if I use the wrong terms, I'm a system
admin (Linux based) with lots of experience, but this is the first time I've
gotten involved in something that's still mainly in the development stage.
It's my first time for svn and ant!

>I've
> checked pos-container.xml and all of the xui and properties files within
the
> /special/pos filesystem.  When I changed the productstoreid to be correct
in
> this file, it seemed to make a difference, which confused me even more,

>>Which file ?
the DemoRetail.xml file.  Which is why I was confused, as even though I'm
using "ant  run-install-seed" It still seems to be using that file for
something as a last resort it seems.

One last question... Being as you can see that I'm very interested in using
the POS side as a start (time sheet, inventory management will be nice down
the road, but not for now).  Where do you suggest I start reading to get a
more indepth feel as to how to configure the POS XUI to start adapting it to
my situation?  Most of the readings are for the ecommerse end.  Although I
think this could make a great in-store POS.
Things like: What part of the XUI configs (which I've been looking at) link
the button to the actual item in the one of your catalogs (or category?!)?

Thanks for any help.  I'm working on this day and night, I simply don't have
3 years! HAH! Who needs sleep right?  Entrepreneurs don't sleep!

Thanks!

Branden -