ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Branden Strickland" <openforbusiness...@gmail.com>
Subject POS - ProductStoreID - DemoRetail and other confusions
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 03:48:59 GMT
I've since switched to pulling down trunk data, instead of branch. (thanks
for the tip!).

I'm still a bit confused after reading as much as I can take for one day,
and that time was massaged with a few stiff drinks.

1)  DemoRetail.xml -- Is this only for demo data?  If I only use seed data,
does the file matter at all?  And if it does, where is it called from?  I've
checked pos-container.xml and all of the xui and properties files within the
/special/pos filesystem.  When I changed the productstoreid to be correct in
this file, it seemed to make a difference, which confused me even more,
becuase it says that files is only used for demo data in the
ofbiz-container.xml.  A bit of light shed on this subject will help me sleep
a bit better! Thanks!

2) If I load no demo data, where am I to configure how a button actually
interacts with a item in my inventory?

I know these are probably questions that have been handled, but I'm
obviously not searching for the right terms to get the POS end configured.