ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rohit Sureka <rohitksur...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FedEx and Thermal Labels
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 04:30:42 GMT
hi Scott,

i have good new for you, i was able to get it configured and working albiet with one minor
glitch. The process is very simplem i did it as follows:

1)    remove the ZEBRA 2844 driver from the machine, it should not be used if u want to send
raw data to the printer.
2)    add a new printer on the machine, it should be the Generic/text printer with the generic/text
driver available in windows by default.
       Be sure sure that you get the port right (i am using the USB 2 port)
3)    open a new notpad file and hit the 'enter' button, then type U and hit the 'enter' button
again.
4)    now go to file and click on page setup and then put '0' for all margins, ie. top, bottom,
left and right. It will not work if you have anything more than that in it.
5)    now print the file through the generic printer.
6)    you should see something print from the LP 2844 printer, if it does then your printer
has been setup properly.
7)    you need to modify the FedEx FDSshiprequest templete in ofbiz, use 'ELTRON' as image
type instead of 'ZEBRA'. i really funny that a fortune 500 co has nerd programmer in it, thats
what the a guy told me and seems to be true. The LP2844 printer supports data in EPL format,
whereas if we request the data as 'ZEBRA' which seems logical from fedex doc., returns the
data in 'ZPL' format which the ZEBRA LP2844 does not support and hence does nothing.
8)     now process a shipment through ofbiz, and click on the view label link, where you will
see some printer commands.
9)    paste this code into a notpad (be sure you have hit the 'enter' button both at the begging
and at the end of the code, this is called feed data and is required) and print it like in
step 5, and you should have the label with you.

What i have not been able to do as yet is send the data, directly from the browser to the
printer, if someone can help on that it will be really great.

Let me know if it works for you.

Rohit