ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adri...@hlmksw.com>
Subject Fixed Asset Questions
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:54:52 GMT
I'm trying to set up our office equipment in the Fixed Asset component. My goal is to eventually

print a catalog of all of our office equipment that can be used for tracking and insurance
reasons.

Several questions I have:

1. Does anyone know how I can include a detailed description of a fixed asset? The single-line

description is fine for a copier model number, but in the case of PCs I need to be specific
about
what is in the PC. I saw that a product can be linked to a fixed asset, but that seems like
a lot of
work to go through just to get a detailed description.

2. It seems as though you can only connect one party to a fixed asset. According to The Data
Model
Resource Book (ch 6), we should be able to link multiple parties to a fixed asset. Am I missing

something? In the case of a PC, there would be an IT manager - who tracks and controls the
asset,
and a user who uses it. The PC might be assigned to a different user in the future, so there
should
be a record of all users.

3. Is there a way to track the original purchase price? Much of the equipment was purchased
before
OFBiz went online, so there are no Purchase Orders or such to link it to.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

-Adrian