ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Yin T <buzlite...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying ofbiz
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:14:24 GMT

Having read previous postings, I've come to the following conclusion:

1. Ofbiz comes in one huge directory tree and should be deployed as such.
If one wants to deploy a lighter Ofbiz directory tree, then one would have
to manually delete the code, build.xml, etc or write an ANT script. Zip it
up and copied to another computer. Where it is unzipped and
/ofbiz-root/startofbiz.bat or /ofbiz-root/startofbiz.sh is run (depending on
whether you're on a Windows box of a Linux box).

2. Ofbiz by default runs on Tomcat as a standalone server with the aid of
Coyote.  Considering deployment of ofbiz in another servlet container or
application server would require a lot of work (configuration/coding???). In
short, "let sleeping dogs lie".

3. I am assuming that Ofbiz provides support for running on Orion and
Weblogic based on the presence of the following subdir. (I still don't know
how they're supposed to be used though)
	.../ofbiz-root/framework/appserver/template/orion202
	.../ofbiz-root/framework/appserver/template/weblogic81

If anyone has a comment about this, please let me know.