ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Yin T <buzlite...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the state of Human Resource component?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:39:23 GMT

Thanks for the info BJ.

The features that I have in mind is the following:

Punchclock component(or time keeping system)
-This is for organizations that require people to clock-in and clock-out
when they start and end their day as opposed to people filling out time
sheets. It could be tied into the Human resource component to determine
whether employees are present, on time, etc.  If applicable, it could even
be tied into the Project Manager component as well.

Employee Scheduling component:
-this is a type of scheduling that restaurants or other industries use to
specify people and their associated work days and hours etc.  These employee
schedule could potentially change mu;tiple times during the year and would
be helpful to managers to keep track.

I would be interested to know if some of these functionality is already
present in one form or another in OfBiz (eg. Project Manager?).  I would
also be interested if others has come across these ideas as well and whether
it could potentially expand the usefulness of the Ofbiz project.